Other required or recommended courses include:
Suggested Timetable for Application (for admission immediately upon graduation)
Freshman and Sophomore Years:
- Take prerequisite coursework and maintain excellent academic standing
- Begin volunteering in physical therapy settings
Fall of Junior Year:
- Renew and establish contact with professors and physical therapy professionals for letters of recommendation.
- Begin researching available programs at the APTA website.
- Review academic progress to make sure prerequisites have either been completed or will be completed by expected entry date.
- Start exploring financial aid resources.
- Prepare for GRE General Test; submit your registration soon to take the Computer Based Exam.
Spring of Junior Year
- Request your letters of recommendation
- Students should contact a pre-graduate advisor at the Career Center to discuss preparation and strategy for application.
Summer after Junior Year:
- Take the GRE General Test.
- Obtain applications for Schools of Physical Therapy; early application is advised.
Fall of Senior Year
- Consult with a graduate advisor on preparing application
- Begin application to schools and colleges of physical therapy. Early application is strongly advised.
Spring of Senior Year
- Interviews are completed
- Decision processes and timelines vary; notification may begin in March
Last Updated: 05/21/2014